Bad Karma -> General

#16: Re: Really? Author: TakerDeep2008 PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:11 am
    —
Mine now thanks to your video...hehe

Ive hawked you twice now since learning it...buahahaha

#17: Re: Really? Author: H1N1 PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:24 am
    —
Razz  Razz  Razz  Razz  Razz  Razz  Razz    Arrow  Shocked  Arrow  Cool

#18: Re: Really? Author: APOSTLELocation: Robins Air Force Base Georgia PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:19 am
    —
LOL!  I was playing with Mothman last night and was marvelling at his handywork.  Sure hope this can stay relatively low key on both sides.  Folks sometimes say things in the heat of match that they wouldn't normally say and this may be one of those.  Don't know, but it sounds like you have a pretty good head on your shoulders Mothman, so this should just roll off.  God Bless!

#19: Re: Really? Author: MothManLocation: NH PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:01 am
    —
LOL! Thanks Apostle.. I have a Ballistics vid somewhere in the forums Takerdeep and I'm working on another one right now.. Some games i'm right on and others I die everytime I pull them out.... Anyway, all ready forgotten.....

#20: Re: Really? Author: PewPewDudeLocation: Cheyenne PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:20 am
    —
I have been called out for hacking a few time, altho not by a BK member. i get a huge grin on my face when i read that cuz then i know im doin good!  Cool
But it never fails, the very next game i pull an astounding 8 kills with 15 or more deaths.  Rolling Eyes

#21: Re: Really? Author: SilexxLocation: SRQ, FL PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:41 pm
    —
I too was called out for hacking during a match once.... I picked up a crate with a gunship, then got my kills streaks Napalm, cobra, gunship, and then got another crate with a cobra. I had a mad score with only 3 deaths,  I was called a hacker. It was just luck on the two crates plus my kill streaks. Not to mention my Napalm strike was stellar right on the area where they had all spawned (killed 5 with the Napalm). I wish I could get scores like that. Anyway - this dude called me out as a Hacker and then said that BK is just a bunch of hackers...... I didn't bother to respond and he quit the server after the match.

When I was a newbie and getting tossed around like a rag doll with heavily inverted scores of 1:20 I too thought there was NO WAY that others could be that good, however with a little practice and some skills (plus some amazing skills streaks) it is possible to hit the 50+ kills.

I am sure there are hackers out there - but I think there are more people that accuse people of hacking and less actual hacking - well that is my personal experience.

Hey Mothman - just play on my side from now on...hee hee....

Silly people, tricks are for kids!

#22: Re: Really? Author: NightWolfLocation: New Jersey PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:10 pm
    —
Just for kicks yesterday, I hopped on a 24/7 Nuke server as I normally would to test weapons loadouts...low and behold there was a hacker...rather blatent actually since this person was using their hacking website in their name...and of course it was rather easy to tell that he/she was hacking...ie a score of 124 kills and 8 deaths or along those lines...

Most times these morons frequent the 24/7 Nuke servers to get their laughs, but then some will trickle out onto regular servers to see if the program they paid for is truly working...and these programs they buy are getting more and more clever as well as elusive to anti-hacking tools...

How to spot them?

Easy...first off they'll have a high/very high score with few if at all deaths...now sure there are legit players that can score 32-2 kinds of scores, be it that they used the chopper/hind/dogs, etc or just plain shot that well...but the hackers have a tell (poker term meaning a tip off)...they score headshots all the time...I mean all the time...probably because the morons don't take off the auto aim function...

"So what if they did take off the auto aim Wolf?"

Well there's other ways to spot them...while they think they're being clever, you can easily spec them and see that they follow their targets as they come through buildings and such and fire before the target comes into view...

Sure one with Ninja Pro can easily hear the enemy approach, or gun fire could tip one off...but those that use these hacks will consistently follow targets, turning wildly to aim at peole who aren't even close by yet...

Sadly, the worst of the scum will actually play patiently as to not tip themselves off...they're the ones who will be friendly and seem harmless so they're not as easy to spot as the more flambouyant ones are...

How do I know all this?

Easy...from being a long time gamer from the beginning of multiplayer shooters...to back in the day working with Orange Smoothie and Punkbuster devs to combat this...from being the former Lt. Army Cmdr of TAW who had to watch and sift through countless vids of possible hackers on multiple FPS games...many are easy to spot while others not so much...

The main thing to do here as a community is be diligent in our attempts to combat this trash that may happen upon our servers...but in doing so we need to not jump to accusations without having concrete proof...to not call a person out in any form be it on TS or on our servers...you know the drill...if you suspect, record it and then let the Officers and leaders review the evidence...they will take the neccessary steps to deal with a problem if they conclude there is one...

Remember: there are players out there that are 'that' good...also remember to take into account what might seem like a "how the heck" shot could've been caused by latency...

#23: Re: Really? Author: Nubsauce PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:41 pm
    —
H1 I thought Viral infections known as golden b.b.'s were your weapon of choice

#24: Re: Really? Author: SilexxLocation: SRQ, FL PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:11 pm
    —
Wolf,

Interesting points you make - I have not seen too many hackers in my experience and even if I suspect they might - I never ever call them out, but rather would report "suspicious activity" to the admin and let them do the investigative research.

I have had 70+ scores with few deaths  on a run-n-gun server and was suspected of hacking, but it was just kill streak rewards. Was it a crazy score - yeah - but with enough gunships, choppers, and napalm it can happen. I can also clean shoot a head shot across the map with iron sights with my FAL - not that hard (maps are small).  Not that I am able to get those type of scores often, but with some lucky kill streaks they are not impossible. It is very hard for me to get that kind of score on BK because the crouch makes it a slower game and thus lower kills. However - I have several times been in the 30+ kills with few deaths. Part of that depends on who you are playing against/with and your kill streaks. I notice that if I get H1N1 and a few others on MY side - with   a few kill streaks - I can get easily into the 20+ range and can often get into the 30+ range and maybe even the 40+. However, if I am up against very good players - bill4short, kurupt, h1n1, mysteryshot and a few others - my score can drop. It also depends on the map, which side you start on, etc. I have favorite maps and sides - that can make a huge difference in my score.

I suggest, that we not ever call someone a hacker in TS or in game chat. If you suspect them from hacking notify the admin of "suspicious activity" - It makes us look bad to call someone a hacker who  might  just be a darn good player and even if they are hacking - it makes us look like whiners.

Sure we will get some hackers - admin can deal with them. However, if you see me on a run-n-gun with a 70+ score with few deaths and a few good head shots - don't just assume I am hacking, cause I am not.

However, I have also been known to have a 5:30 scores as well - playing against better players and not getting the killstreak rewards. Just because I am getting a serious beat down, doesn't mean that others are hacking - just means that I am not playing as well or getting those kill streak rewards. I CAN be very frusterating.

Just my 2 cents....

#25: Re: Really? Author: NightWolfLocation: New Jersey PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 6:05 pm
    —
Well said Silexx...

That's just it...we all have really good days and really bad days...some days certain maps just groove while others falter...there are people who stay consistent, other times they too have their bad days...

On run around maps I've ever gone 40-2, etc...and on longer duration maps that I like playng such as HQ, DEM, and so on I've scored in the 100's with low fatalities...other times I had the wind knocked right out of my sails...I just try to get back in the saddle and if it's just not meant to be then I'll call it a night...

Regardless, my theory is just enjoy the game and the company you play it with...if anything questionable comes up, let an admin know in private...then go back and do your best and have fun...

#26: Re: Really? Author: LukeLocation: Grand Rapids, MI PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 6:53 pm
    —
I think maybe we should do background checks on all members... Hmmmm  Very Happy   Laughing (Older timers will get a laugh from that one.)

GOA.Luke*BK* Laughing

#27: Re: Really? Author: HeHawKilLerLocation: Medicine Hat, Alberta PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 8:37 pm
    —
Ha ha ha ha...you're first Luke!

#28: Re: Really? Author: UchiMataLocation: Northampton, UK PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:19 pm
    —
As Groucho Marx said 'i wouldn't want to be a member of any club that let me join' !

Wink

#29: Re: Really? Author: H1N1 PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:47 pm
    —

Nubsauce wrote (View Post):

H1 I thought Viral infections known as golden b.b.'s were your weapon of choice

lol 1st its the tomahawk...then the golden b.b's...........................and besides no one has ever called me a hacker   Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Razz

#30: Re: Really? Author: MothManLocation: NH PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:31 pm
    —
I have cuz!! lol.... You all make great points..... If anything, this post will give people a new or better perspective of what's actually going on and will retain their erge to call "Hacker!!".

Bad Karma -> General

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Goto page Previous123Next  :| |:
Page 2 of 3