MaxwellSmart View latest post
Mon Jun 10, 2024 2:12 pm
tet View latest post
Mon Jun 10, 2024 1:57 am
Snap71 View latest post

Undoing Permanent Ban?

Posted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 7:31 pm
Hi

I was banned a week or two ago and never heard back on the specifics of the ban. Was never banned before so was a bit surprised.

Anyway, I suspect I was banned because I retailated against a teammate that had knifed me, so I blew him up with a grenade (AJAKE). I had been knifed and killed in several instances before. The prior time (NateKiller or nathanKiller) I complained about it and nothing happened. Regardless, I should not have taken matters into my own hands.

As for breaking the rules (I suspect some of my short dashes where to blame) I had been witnessing many people doing the same thing. Specifically, I am a camper (and most people that play with me know this). I am not good at walking around and winning battles so I have to get setup and wait for people. When I get setup in Cliffside in the Crypt and I start killing people across the valley in the tunnel, they start making quick runs across the entrance so as to not get killed (not everyone, but enough). Where I made my short dahes was at the respawn point going across the bridge. The opposing team had the area blanketed with snipers. The smoke grenades do not last long enough to get across and in many instancess I get killed (2-3-4 times in a row). Seems you should be able to make a quick dash across the bridge or valley when you know there are snipers sighted in (just like in when I sight in on the tunnel).

As for my bantering and offending people I was just doing this in fun or to get them to reveal what combination of perks they are using. For example, Zebrafifty is extrmely hard to kill. I have hit him with mutliply rounds and not killed him and he turns around and kills me. I might rib him as to what he is doing or saying no way in hopes of getting some secrets out of him. Does not mean I think he is cheating. Or when LadyHawk ran into my first Betty. I said something to the effect of you found my Betty. She came right back with a comment and proceeded to try and kill me again (and again finding my second Betty - since I camp) and got killed again. She then came in behind me and knifed me and made a comment about it. The banter made the game fun for me but I can see that it can offend people. I will refrain from making comments in the future (if allowed to come back).

As for not hearing or seeing any warning I may have been caught up in the game and not noticed. I was told I ran in one game for a long time. I did not notice or hear any warning. Someone I know who plays one your server 2-wayed me to let me know or I would have been oblivious to yuor warning. I bought this game about 3 months ago and was a bit addicted to it. This ban actually broke that.

Anyway, my friends like your server and I hope I can come back at some point in the future. I will follow any and all instructions to a T.

Again, I apologize and hope you reconsider.

Posted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 9:24 pm
We actually noticed your addiction and proceeded to ban you so that it would help break the habit. You've taken the first step to a full recovery by realizing you have an addiction...  Very Happy  Sorry I had to when you mentioned that we had broken your addiction. I'm sure an admin will notice this post and take care of it. I would in the mean time PM Luke, Mr. T, and Lowjaw. Ask them in a PM and they should deal with it. Thanks and hope this is resolved soon for you.

Posted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 9:28 pm
FallGuy I will look into this more and decided what I want to do. Once that decision has been make you will receive a PM.

GOA.Luke*BK*

Posted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 11:54 pm
Hi Luk

Thank you for taking the time to reconsider the ban. I appreciate your taking the time to do this. I am sure it is not easy to run a server and enforce everything.
I know that this must take up a considerable amount of time and reviewing bans just ads to your workload.

Anyway, either way, I enjoyed my time on the server and had fun with everyone. If I am not allowed on I will look forward to playing some of your members on other servers (have seen a few here and there) and most of them seem to be in the higher ranked players. They are good competition.

Again, I will follow all rules to a T and not question anyone!!!!

Thank you
Mark

PS. Epbble you are funny! Actually that is the type of banter I like! Just curious though, why is the e & p backwards? Was that a typo when you created your name? Or is there some other meaning to it?

Posted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 2:35 pm
Admin,
I noticed that Fallguy_2 has been banished from the Polite & Friendly servers for misconduct and generally being rude. I’ve been playing on your servers for quite some time now and have been Fallguy_2s nemesis on more than one occasion. Also, he has been my nemesis from time to time. I’ve enjoyed our time playing over the past few months and would hate to think I would never get to play against him again.

I get his humor and his frustrations.

Admin, I would appreciate if you’ll reconsider the ban “I would like to pass him up in point totals just to teach him a lesson.”

KingArther

Posted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 4:15 pm
Hey Luke he has killed me "BUNCHES" then who hasn't. Throw in my .02 worth he is a GREAT GAMER (even he does kill me). I for one would like to see him back. Fall Guy this may of not helped your case coming from me SORRY!........................ Confused

Posted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 4:57 am
Hi Nam

Thanks for the input. I thought I was playing ok but got caught up in being number one on server two! I got a little frustrated but should have let the admins do their job. Lesson learned. Hopefully Luk allow me back. He said he would consider unbaning me. Just waiting for his PM.

If I don't get back on I play on another server called RAW Old Farts. I didn't make it up. Check out my profile where I am playing. Would love to see some of the players from Polite show up. There are many good players on Polite but also many good players on RAW. There are guys that can score 60 plus points a game.
It is a tactical server. Same rules except no Second Chance as a Perk. If you play, watch out for DarkNight. He is the one of the best and number one on the server.

Thanks for the support.

Posted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 7:24 am
Hey FallGuy_2 you have some keen supporters  it seems mate.

Posted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 6:17 pm
Hi DiggerBaz

Well I did try to make it fun. A lot of people joked back with me. I have a odd sense of humor but to those I offended it was only meant in fun. I like the banter.

Anyway, I think I played a fairly clean game and followed the rules. I know the last few weeks I got frustrated watching other people break the rules and kill me ( I was team killed at least 4 or 5 times since I started playing and  twice in the week of the ban) and have watched numerous people make short dashes.  I know I broke the rules during this time frame but I would hope my "first" ban would be a short ban and not a permenent ban. I was a bit caught up in being number one. Now I am just playing for the fun of it. I would hope you and the rest of the BK members would reconsider my ban. Just wondering how long I have to wait for a decision?

Fall_Guy

Posted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 3:51 am
I've played some on the BK servers.  Nice operation.  I have been playing less and less because I can't seem to overcome my colorblindness in this game.  I did ok for a while in Ravenshield where it was a non-factor.  But in WaW, I'm just terrible.  I've started to click a bit lately but my interest is almost gone.

About Fallguy's permaban, just to give a little perspective I use to admin and for a short time lead an RvS clan.  The server was fairly busy and we had multiple admins to offer some order because of the limited tools RvS had to prevent things like TKs, etc.  Add in the fact we didn't have direct access to our server but worked through a 3rd person most of the time and things can become unwieldy to keep straight.  People banned would make an appeal and all we could do was shrug.

So as a sort of compromise, at least while I was there, we purged our bans every 3-4 weeks.  Long enough to have a disgruntled bad actors to lose interest, but if someone really was still interested in coming back they'd find themselves unbanned.  To make it work, we never advertised it though.  

Anyway, I actually work with Fallguy and would like to suggest a second chance.  I think he's gotten some perspective.  I'm not familiar with the full details on how he earned his ban, but I can say he is trainable and a permanent ban shouldn't be necessary.  

And I understand he's gotten fairly good at WaW.  And that a permanent ban may not be in everyone's best interest.

Posted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 6:43 am
I sent you a PM. We will try to get the ban lifted, just need more info please. thank you.

Posted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:57 pm
I understand that this particular ban has been lifted. Please respect the server and enjoy the game.

Posted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 10:01 am
stryk don't let colorblindness stop u 1 of my m8's and another member is also colorblind, and i've been tryin to help him with looking more at the iniforms try it may help m8, i also started doin this when i started i'm not colorblind but does help me with not killin teamm8's and findin the enemy easyer, give it a try hope everything works out Twisted Evil

"Await The Moment For One,And Only One Well-Aimed Shot"
                                      (Vassili Zaitsev)

Posted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 10:35 am
Nice one Snpr.